This is a hearty English meal, made afterward lamb mince, fittingly the name! Although it is called a pie it doesnt use any pastry and is so cheap, immediate rushed and easy to make, youll enjoy making it! This is a larder cupboard recipe, which means you can the theater for whatever you have open in the cupboard!
The ingredient of Sophies Shepherds Pie
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- u00bc cup milk
- 2 pounds field lamb
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 12 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons brown gravy mixture combination
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
The instruction how to make Sophies Shepherds Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan and fill when tolerable water to cover. Bring to a boil, subsequently next cook over medium heat until longing sufficient to pierce similar to a fork, nearly 10 minutes. Drain and mash in imitation of butter and milk to your desired texture.
- Meanwhile, crumble the field lamb into a large skillet. Cook and disturb until no longer pink. Season later than Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon. increase be credited with the mushrooms and onion; continue to cook and stir up opinion until tender. Transfer the contents of the skillet to a large casserole dish.
- amalgamation the baked beans, diced tomatoes, gravy mix and carrots in later the lamb. Dollop big blobs of mashed potatoes on top of higher than the pinnacle and intentionally development evenly to cover the entire top. Rake on top of higher than it as soon as a fork to create a crispy texture roughly culmination subsequently it browns.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until the pinnacle is browned and crisp.
Nutritions of Sophies Shepherds Piecalories: 1143.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 103.9 g
cholesterolContent: 174.7 mg
fatContent: 57.9 g
fiberContent: 15.6 g
proteinContent: 54.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 25.6 g
sodiumContent: 1215.1 mg
sugarContent: 19.1 g