A flavorful chicken stew that uses exotic spices and nice vegetables served more than whole-grain couscous. This recipe was actually a authentic true chicken contest winner! Vegetables and even meat can vary according to taste, but I announce squash, carrots, siren peppers, and lamb work capably skillfully in this recipe. Even though the spices seem strange, the flavors are subtle but fragrant! A authentic true favorite at home.
The ingredient of Moroccan Chicken and collective Grain Couscous
- 1 cup collect wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 mass cloves, crushed
- u00bd teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sports ground dried turmeric
- u00bc teaspoon arena cayenne pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- salt to taste
The instruction how to make Moroccan Chicken and collective Grain Couscous
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large pot greater than medium heat, and cook onion until tender. amalgamation in bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Place chicken in the pot, and cook until capably skillfully browned. Pour garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and broth into the pot, and bring to a boil. condense abbreviate heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes.
- amalgamation carrots and zucchini into pot. Season as soon as salt. Continue cooking 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. relieve sustain stew beyond cooked couscous.
Nutritions of Moroccan Chicken and collective Grain Couscouscalories: 399.4 calories
carbohydrateContent: 50.7 g
cholesterolContent: 66.8 mg
fatContent: 6.7 g
fiberContent: 7.8 g
proteinContent: 33.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.2 g
sodiumContent: 1539 mg
sugarContent: 3.6 g