This is a recipe I created because I was droll some guests in the manner of a Moroccan-style dinner and I had a vegetarian in my group. I wanted him to have a hearty vegetarian dish as soon as lots of protein, so I made this dish stirring after looking exceeding a number of alternative Moroccan tagine recipes. It turned out so well that I have made it many get older past in the past and would with to share. I actually think that some of my non-vegetarian guests preferred this dish to the lamb that I spent hours slow-roasting! (Though it was in addition to delicious and makes a nice combo later the stew.) It uses Moroccan spices and dried fruit. service more than couscous.
The ingredient of Vegan Moroccan-Style Tagine with Seitan
- 1 (10 ounce) package seitan
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- u2153 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- u00bc cup golden raisins
- u00bc cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch arena cumin, or to taste
- 1 pinch arena coriander, or to taste
- 1 pinch field cinnamon, or to taste
- 3 cups vegetable broth, or more as needed
- u00bd medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped lively parsley, or to taste
The instruction how to make Vegan Moroccan-Style Tagine with Seitan
- postponement seitan apart into pieces. massage pieces in vegan margarine and after that in ras el hanout.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven on top of higher than medium-high heat. mount up the seasoned seitan and saute until browned and crusty bits form in relation to the bottom of the pan, 5 to 7 minutes. grow onion and saute higher than medium heat until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. accumulate garlic and cook and raise a fuss for 1 to 2 minutes.
- work up in sweet potato, chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, raisins, apricots, cayenne, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon. Pour in enough vegetable broth to cover the mixture; bring to a boil. edit heat and simmer until sweet potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- disconcert whisk in lemon zest and juice. peak considering parsley and serve.
Nutritions of Vegan Moroccan-Style Tagine with Seitancalories: 319.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 48.4 g
fatContent: 7.6 g
fiberContent: 7.8 g
proteinContent: 16.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.6 g
sodiumContent: 876.9 mg
sugarContent: 14.1 g