Hearty and received Irish lamb stew. Its best to refrigerate the stew overnight, and reheat it the neighboring bordering day for eating. This soup ages well!
The ingredient of Irish Lamb Stew
- 1u2009u00bd pounds thickly sliced bacon, diced
- 6 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2 inch pieces
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon field black pepper
- u00bd cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- u00bd cup water
- 4 cups beef accretion
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 cups diced carrots
- 2 large onions, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup white wine
The instruction how to make Irish Lamb Stew
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Put lamb, salt, pepper, and flour in large mixing bowl. Toss to coat meat evenly. Brown meat in frying pan in the manner of bacon fat.
- Place meat into deposit pot (leave 1/4 cup of fat in frying pan). grow the garlic and yellow onion and saute till onion begins to become golden. Deglaze frying pan later than 1/2 cup water and ensue the garlic-onion union to the growth pot taking into account bearing in mind bacon pieces, beef stock, and sugar. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- build up carrots, onions, potatoes, thyme, bay leaves, and wine to pot. cut heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
Nutritions of Irish Lamb Stewcalories: 671.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 26.3 g
cholesterolContent: 162.7 mg
fatContent: 39.3 g
fiberContent: 4 g
proteinContent: 46.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 15.6 g
sodiumContent: 1189.4 mg
sugarContent: 5.6 g