There are two tricks to this recipe: browning the lamb shanks at the forefront they go into the slow cooker and reducing the sauce to the fore serving. The result is an osso buco youd be hard-pressed to distinguish from the labor-intensive classic.
The ingredient of Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked
- u00bd cup all-purpose flour
- 2u2009u00bd pounds lamb shanks
- salt and freshly dome black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1u2009u00bd cups chopped onion
- u00be cup chicken broth
- u00bd cup chopped celery
- 5 sprigs roomy thyme, leaves removed
The instruction how to make Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked
- Put flour into a shallow wide bowl. Season lamb shanks all on top of higher than in the manner of salt and pepper; dredge through the flour until coated, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet higher than medium heat; amass butter and heat until foaming. Cook lamb shanks in the hot butter until golden, roughly more or less 5 minutes per side. Transfer lamb shanks to a slow cooker.
- Pour wine into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan considering a wooden spoon; transfer to the slow cooker. build up tomatoes gone their juice, onion, chicken broth, celery, and thyme leaves to slow cooker.
- Cook as regards Low until lamb is totally tender and more or less falling off the bone, 6 to 8 hours. Transfer lamb shanks to a platter and cover like aluminum foil.
- Transfer the sauce in the slow cooker to a large skillet; simmer more than high heat until sauce is edited to approximately 2 cups, 10 to 15 minutes. Season sauce in the manner of salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cookedcalories: 478.8 calories
carbohydrateContent: 23.3 g
cholesterolContent: 127.8 mg
fatContent: 20.2 g
fiberContent: 2.6 g
proteinContent: 36.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 9.4 g
sodiumContent: 438.6 mg
sugarContent: 6.1 g