The city of Hyderabad in southern India is known for its delectable haleem, which is welcoming solitary during Ramadan. It consists of chicken (or lamb) taking into consideration lentils and spices, slow-cooked to a thick soup consistency.
The ingredient of Chicken Haleem
- 3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 pods cardamom
- 5 collective cloves
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon attach
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic cement
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- u00bd teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons split chick peas (chana dal), soaked
- 2 tablespoons split mung beans when skin (moong dal), soaked
- 3 tablespoons roasted split chickpeas (dalia), soaked
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- u00bd teaspoon arena turmeric
- u00bd teaspoon garam masala
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chopped vivacious cilantro
- 10 leaves open mint, chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken Haleem
- Heat ghee in a skillet more than medium-low heat. grow onions, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, and cumin seeds. Cook and stir up until onions are lightly browned, not quite 5 minutes. accumulate ginger bonding agent and garlic glue gum and continue to saute for 2 minutes. increase be credited with chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and protest until chicken is lightly browned, nearly 5 minutes.
- Transfer merger to a slow cooker. amass chana dal, moong dal, dalia, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and garam masala. Pour water more or less peak and fusion to combine.
- Cook just about Low for 10 to 12 hours, mixing in cilantro and mint 30 minutes yet to be the grow less of the cook time.
- cut off surgically remove bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Use a hand blender to lightly mixture mixture, or skip this step of you past your haleem chunky. minister to hot.
Nutritions of Chicken Haleemcalories: 343.1 calories
carbohydrateContent: 19.5 g
cholesterolContent: 93 mg
fatContent: 18.3 g
fiberContent: 5.6 g
proteinContent: 23.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 8.2 g
sodiumContent: 493.5 mg
sugarContent: 4 g