This healthy, hearty slaw from Sara Forte of A Sprouted Kitchen is a delicious addition to your holiday menu.
The ingredient of Kale and Brussels Slaw with Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- u00bc cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- u00bd cup additional supplementary virgin olive oil
- u00bd teaspoon sea salt
- u00bd teaspoon blithe dome black pepper
- u00be cup more or less chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 small bunches lacinato (dinosaur) kale, stems removed
- u00bd pound Brussels sprouts
- u00be cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- u2154 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- u2154 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, benefit more for gild
- Reynolds Wrapu00ae Aluminum Foil
The instruction how to make Kale and Brussels Slaw with Quinoa
- In a food processor, count the shallots, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Line a small baking sheet past Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan more than medium heat, add up the hazelnuts, sugar and cayenne. move around in the manner of a silicone spatula until the sugar has melted and sticks to the nuts, roughly more or less 5 minutes; position down the heat to prevent blazing in flames if needed. increase the sticky nuts out roughly the foil-lined sheet to cool. taking into consideration the nuts are cool enough to handle, closure them up by hand.
- Stem the kale and chop well. Using a mandoline, shred the Brussels sprouts, discarding the tough ends. augment both in a large salad bowl. amass the hazelnuts, quinoa, pomegranate seeds, green onions and cheese. Dress to your liking and relieve sustain immediately.
Nutritions of Kale and Brussels Slaw with Quinoacalories: 415.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 27.1 g
cholesterolContent: 7.8 mg
fatContent: 31.2 g
fiberContent: 5.6 g
proteinContent: 11.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 4.9 g
sodiumContent: 366.6 mg
sugarContent: 7.8 g