Black-eyed peas for luck, and collard greens for maintenance allowance - this extra Years soup is healthy, tasty, and bound to bring a serious year!
The ingredient of New Years Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 leaves collard greens, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- u00bd cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
The instruction how to make New Years Soup
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot beyond medium heat; cook and protest garlic until it begins to brown, just about 3 minutes. mount up onion and carrots. Cook and shake up until carrots begin to brown and onion becomes translucent, 7 to 8 minutes. Cook and excite collard greens into onion merger until wilted, not quite 5 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth and black-eyed peas into vegetables, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer soup until vegetables are softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, fusion quinoa and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the water has absorbed into the quinoa, very nearly 10 minutes. trouble cooked quinoa into soup and simmer until collard greens are tender, virtually 10 more minutes. rouse cider vinegar into soup to taste and season behind salt and black pepper.
Nutritions of New Years Soupcalories: 231.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 36.6 g
fatContent: 5.6 g
fiberContent: 7.9 g
proteinContent: 9.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.7 g
sodiumContent: 556.2 mg
sugarContent: 3.7 g