I have served this to many a friend from the South, and it is always a winner! minister to gone coleslaw and oven-baked french fries, and youll have a healthy, tasty meal!
The ingredient of Southern-Style Oven-Fried Catfish
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1u2009u00bd pounds catfish fillets, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- u00bd teaspoon field black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce or water
The instruction how to make Southern-Style Oven-Fried Catfish
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 13x9 glass baking dish following the oil, and set aside.
- Rinse the catfish fillets, and pat dry. In a shallow bowl, add up the cornmeal, creole seasoning, paprika, sugar, and black pepper. add together the eggs and hot sauce or water in a unconventional bowl. Dip the fillets in the egg mixture, dredge in the cornmeal mixture, and arrange in the baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown. slant subsequent to during cooking. Place catfish something like a paper-towel lined plate, and benefits shortly in the manner of supplementary secondary hot sauce.
Nutritions of Southern-Style Oven-Fried Catfishcalories: 402.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 29.7 g
cholesterolContent: 188.6 mg
fatContent: 17.3 g
fiberContent: 1.8 g
proteinContent: 30.4 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.4 g
sodiumContent: 433.5 mg
sugarContent: 1.9 g