Char siu so are a dim quantity total classic, not to be confused like char siu bao, which are steamed buns. They have the same barbeque pork, but its encased in flaky, sweet pastry and baked till golden.
The ingredient of Char Siu So (Chinese Barbeque Pork Pastries)
- 1u2009u00bc cups all-purpose flour
- 9 tablespoons margarine, estranged
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup Chinese barbeque sauce
- 5u2009u00bc ounces Chinese barbeque pork, diced
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
The instruction how to make Char Siu So (Chinese Barbeque Pork Pastries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- append all-purpose flour, 4 1/2 tablespoons margarine, water, and confectioners sugar in a large bowl; knead until a dough forms.
- adjoin enduring surviving 4 1/2 tablespoons margarine and cake flour in a separate bowl; knead until a dough forms.
- Wrap the cake flour dough in the region of almost the all-purpose flour dough; roll out into a 8x16-inch sheet. Fold into 3 sections as you would an envelope. Roll into a log nearly 1-inch thick. Flatten to make a 4x31-inch strip; cut into 10 squares.
- Mix barbeque sauce and barbeque pork together in a bowl.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the join up in the center of each square of dough. Brush edges of dough similar to egg yolk. Roll stirring dough, sealing the ends. Brush the culmination of each pastry in the manner of egg yolk; sprinkle sesame seeds around top. Transfer pastries to the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crisp and golden, very nearly 25 minutes.
Nutritions of Char Siu So (Chinese Barbeque Pork Pastries)calories: 279.6 calories
carbohydrateContent: 34.3 g
cholesterolContent: 51.7 mg
fatContent: 12.2 g
fiberContent: 1 g
proteinContent: 7.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 2.3 g
sodiumContent: 402.4 mg
sugarContent: 8.2 g