This recipe is adapted from a famous local favorite served at Ting-Town, a drive-in closed before 1970, in the Iron Range or Arrowhead region of northeastern Minnesota. Serving the beef going on for hamburger buns makes the dish further authentic.
The ingredient of Ting-Town Barbeque Beef Sandwich
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pitch black pepper
- 4 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 16 hamburger buns, split
The instruction how to make Ting-Town Barbeque Beef Sandwich
- To make the sauce, adjoin the celery, onion, garlic, ketchup, barbeque sauce, mustard, beer, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl; disturb until well blended.
- Place the chuck roast in a slow cooker. Pour the sauce evenly more than the meat. Cover and cook the roast not far off from HIGH for 3 hours. Reduce heat to LOW, and continue cooking until extremely tender, virtually 4 hours more.
- just about 1/2 hour upfront serving, cut off surgically remove the chuck roast from the slow cooker and shred the meat subsequently a large fork. Return the meat to the slow cooker, and cook outdoor external so the sauce thickens, just about LOW for 20 minutes.
- To serve, dip the flat sides of hamburger buns into the sauce and top in imitation of meat.
Nutritions of Ting-Town Barbeque Beef Sandwichcalories: 355 calories
carbohydrateContent: 35.3 g
cholesterolContent: 51.6 mg
fatContent: 15.1 g
fiberContent: 1.7 g
proteinContent: 17.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 5.6 g
sodiumContent: 801 mg
sugarContent: 9.9 g