These spicy, creamy grits are a hit at completely associates barbeque. People ask me for the recipe every get older I make them.
The ingredient of Robins Cheesy Chipotle Grits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- u00bd onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon field black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ring cumin
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1u2009u00bd cups shredded prickly Cheddar cheese, not speaking
The instruction how to make Robins Cheesy Chipotle Grits
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan beyond medium heat. toss around in the onion, and cook until the onion softens and turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil exceeding high heat, subsequently next position the heat to low. Slowly disturb in the grits, then cover the saucepan, and cook for 5 minutes.
- gone when the grits have cooked, work up in the salt, pepper, cumin, chipotle peppers, green chiles, and 1 cup of Cheddar cheese until the cheese has melted. Pour the grits into the prepared 9x13 inch dish, and sprinkle taking into account bearing in mind the steadfast 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly, and has begun to brown, 30-45 minutes.
Nutritions of Robins Cheesy Chipotle Gritscalories: 148.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 14.6 g
cholesterolContent: 18.9 mg
fatContent: 7.1 g
fiberContent: 0.7 g
proteinContent: 6.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.7 g
sodiumContent: 784 mg
sugarContent: 2.9 g