I know nobody expects the words lentils and delicious in the same recipe title, but this lentil loaf is a hit gone vegans, vegetarians and even meat-eaters! Ive left the glaze entrance to your own tastes, you can use anything from barbeque sauce to your own mothers meatloaf glaze. keep amused accumulate your glaze recipes into the comments!
The ingredient of Delicious Lentil Loaf
- 2u2009u00bd cups water
- 1 cup brown lentils
- u2153 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pitch flax seed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup minced vivacious mushrooms
- 1 cup minced celery
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- u00be cup quick-cooking oats
- u00bd cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon arena black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon onion powder
- u00bc cup ketchup
- u00bc cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons smoky barbeque sauce
The instruction how to make Delicious Lentil Loaf
- enlarge 2 1/2 cups water and lentils in a saucepan; bring to a boil. shorten heat, cover saucepan, and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- amalgamation 1/3 cup water and arena flax seed together in a bowl; set aside until thickened, at least 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot exceeding medium heat; cook and rouse onion, mushrooms, celery, and garlic until softened and liquid from mushrooms has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan.
- Transfer cooked lentils to a food processor and pulse until about 75 percent of lentils are mashed. amalgamation onion-mushroom mixture, flax seed-water mixture, oats, flour, basil, black pepper, salt, and onion powder into lentils until competently combined. Press lentil fusion into the prepared loaf pan.
- complement ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and barbeque sauce in a saucepan higher than medium-low heat; cook and stir up opinion until glaze is smooth and brown sugar is dissolved, approximately 5 minutes. sever saucepan from heat.
- Bake loaf in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. progress 1/4 cup glaze greater than lentil loaf; continue baking until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more. bolster lentil loaf once remaining glaze all but the side.
Nutritions of Delicious Lentil Loafcalories: 317.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 51.3 g
fatContent: 7.5 g
fiberContent: 13.5 g
proteinContent: 13 g
saturatedFatContent: 1 g
sodiumContent: 643.4 mg
sugarContent: 12.6 g