My husband and son share an insatiable appetite for Korean barbeque--and an equally hermetic detest of the lettuce leaves traditionally used to wrap the beef. One night, inspired by Korean food trucks, we decided to experiment past our own version, wrapping marinated Korean bulgogi in hot corn tortillas--they were an instant hit, filled similar to crisp, spicy sweet cucumber, creamy avocado, crunchy scallion, and a punch of gochujang, a Korean hot pepper paste.
The ingredient of Korean-Style Bulgogi Beef Tacos
- 2 pounds rib-eye steaks
- u00bd yellow onion, cut into chunks
- u00bd Asian pear, peeled and scratchily chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece ginger root, peeled
- u00bc cup sake
- u00bc cup soy sauce
- u00bc cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon arena black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 small cucumbers, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 12 (6 inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced all but the on a slope
- u00bd cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), or to taste
The instruction how to make Korean-Style Bulgogi Beef Tacos
- Trim excess fat from beef and slice agreed thinly across the grain. Transfer beef to a container.
- Place onion, pear, garlic, ginger, and sake in a blender or food processor. mix until sleek slick and creamy. accumulate soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and black pepper. Pulse until marinade is without difficulty mixed.
- Pour marinade higher than beef. Gently massage beef for a minute or two. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, garlic, gochugaru, sesame oil, and salt together in a large bowl. ensue cucumbers and green onions and blend gently by hand. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- sever beef from refrigerator approximately 20 minutes to the front cooking.
- Heat canola oil in a cast iron pan exceeding high heat. Cook beef in batches, one enlargement at a time, stirring until nicely browned, very nearly 3 minutes. Avoid overcrowding beef, or it will end taking place in the works steaming instead of browning. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle past sesame seeds.
- Heat tortillas in marginal skillet, not quite 1 minute. Transfer to a serving platter and cover to child support child maintenance warm. benefits beef bulgogi subsequently the tortillas, cucumber salad, and avocado, green onions, and cilantro as garnishes. Drizzle gochujang on top of higher than tacos, mixing it when a little water if too thick.
Nutritions of Korean-Style Bulgogi Beef Tacoscalories: 268.1 calories
carbohydrateContent: 26.2 g
cholesterolContent: 27.1 mg
fatContent: 13.3 g
fiberContent: 4 g
proteinContent: 11.5 g
saturatedFatContent: 3.7 g
sodiumContent: 560.2 mg
sugarContent: 8.8 g