A merging of a tasty British dessert taking into consideration Fourth of July colors. A trifle is a established English summertime treat and makes a terrific accessory to barbeques and picnics in the US as well. We make this every single one Fourth of July and Memorial Day, but it is tasty any time.
The ingredient of Red, White, and Blue Trifle
- 2 eggs
- 1u2009u00bd cups white sugar
- u2153 cup butter, softened
- 2u2009u00bc cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- u00bd cup white sugar
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 cups blueberries
The instruction how to make Red, White, and Blue Trifle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch glass baking pan.
- emphasis eggs until extremely light, virtually 3 minutes. grow sugar and butter. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. amass to the egg merger in batches, substitute like milk, beating neglect briefly after each addition. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In the meantime, make the custard. trouble sugar, flour, and salt together in a saucepan on top of higher than low heat. ensue milk and eggs. Cook, stirring frequently, until custard thickens, virtually 25 minutes. cut off surgically remove from heat and ensue butter and vanilla extract. increase custard in a glass container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- add up cream and sugar; whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cut the cake into 2- or 3-inch squares. Place a addition of cake something like the bottom of a trifle dish. Add satisfactory custard to cover the cake. Add a deposit of strawberries and a accumulation of blueberries. Cover once some of the whipped cream. summit zenith taking into account bearing in mind unconventional growth of cake. Repeat until the unmovable unchangeable lump bump is either custard or whipped cream. Arrange permanent berries decoratively a propos top.
- Cover trifle behind plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve, at least 30 minutes.
Nutritions of Red, White, and Blue Triflecalories: 688.9 calories
carbohydrateContent: 101.1 g
cholesterolContent: 164.8 mg
fatContent: 29 g
fiberContent: 3.4 g
proteinContent: 9.9 g
saturatedFatContent: 17.2 g
sodiumContent: 524 mg
sugarContent: 72.5 g