This friendly yet dynamic Boston butt recipe gives the pulled pork a mildly spicy and tangy flavor. The fascination of smoke and moisture from the drip pan works completely without difficulty for cooking the meat evenly and leaves large quantity loads of juices within the meat itself. Ive tried several every second methods next Boston butt and this one is my favorite, as capably skillfully as a favorite in the course of my friends. manage to pay for it a endeavor and see if you in imitation of it, and absorb dont be shy and leave some feedback! I usually further gone barbeque sauce and baked beans (throwing the fat chunks from the pulled pork into the beans to go to a little additional supplementary flavor). Check out my Sweet and Spicy Cornbread Muffins recipe for a massive side. Enjoy!
The ingredient of Slow-Smoked Pulled Pork (Boston Butt)
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4u2009u00bd teaspoons garlic powder
- 4u2009u00bd teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt (such as LAWRYSu00ae)
- 1 tablespoon arena black pepper
- 2 teaspoons arena cumin
- 1 teaspoon auditorium showground cayenne pepper
- 3u2009u00bd pounds bone-in Boston butt roast
- u00bd cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup pickle juice
- u00be cup olive oil
- 8 pounds fruit wood chunks for smoking
- 2 cups pilsner-style beer (such as Budweiseru00ae)
- 4u2009u00bc cups water, or as needed
The instruction how to make Slow-Smoked Pulled Pork (Boston Butt)
- mixture combination brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt, black pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl to make dry rub.
- Coat roast with spicy brown mustard. Sprinkle dry daub smooth all greater than roast and feat it into all the folds and creases.
- add together pickle juice and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Preheat 5 pounds charcoal in a smoker according to manufacturers instructions until white and flaming. Distribute 7 to 8 large wood chunks beyond the coals. Place a drip pan going on for top; pour in beer and passable water to fill the pan most of the way. heavy smoker; bring liquid in the drip pan to a boil. Place roast regarding height and oppressive smoker.
- Smoke roast, turning altogether hour, until browned, approximately 2 hours. Baste roast in the manner of pickle juice and olive mixture. Continue smoking, turning and basting every single one hour, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 175 degrees F (80 degrees C), 2 to 3 hours more.
- cut off surgically remove roast from smoker and wrap following aluminum foil. Let rest, roughly more or less 30 minutes.
- Uncover roast and cut into chunks. Shred chunks into small strands; transfer to a large bowl. Squeeze strands gone both hands repeatedly, mixing after each squeeze.
Nutritions of Slow-Smoked Pulled Pork (Boston Butt)calories: 699.7 calories
carbohydrateContent: 20.6 g
cholesterolContent: 104.1 mg
fatContent: 53.5 g
fiberContent: 1.4 g
proteinContent: 29.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 13.1 g
sodiumContent: 965.3 mg
sugarContent: 12.2 g