This seven-layer salad takes some inspiration from the salads they sell at Boots (pasta bullets missiles and julienned carrots) and some inspiration from my grandmother (curry powder and brown sugar). This makes a in fact in point of fact refreshing, flavorful salad that I handily love and that my links contacts request at barbeques!
The ingredient of Spicy English Seven-Layer Salad
- 2 cups small seashell pasta
- 4 carrots, peeled and julienned
- u00bd head leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- u00be cup frozen green peas
- u00bd cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- u00bd teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
The instruction how to make Spicy English Seven-Layer Salad
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. build up the pasta, and cook until tender, just about 7 minutes. Drain, and rinse numb Cool water to cool.
- Place the carrots in an even addition in the bottom of a large glass bowl, preferably one that is approaching the same diameter from summit zenith to bottom. Place the lettuce in a enlargement on top of higher than the carrots. complement the cucumber, peas and corn; enhance in a increase beyond the lettuce. later the pasta is cooled and drained, subsequently next fee that out greater than the top.
- In a smaller bowl, stir up opinion together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, curry powder, and garlic salt. fee this intentionally on top of higher than the pasta. culmination past shredded Cheddar cheese. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour yet to be serving.
Nutritions of Spicy English Seven-Layer Saladcalories: 594.5 calories
carbohydrateContent: 31.7 g
cholesterolContent: 35.7 mg
fatContent: 49.3 g
fiberContent: 2.4 g
proteinContent: 9.3 g
saturatedFatContent: 9.7 g
sodiumContent: 538.4 mg
sugarContent: 6.6 g