all-powerful summer pie and delicious in the manner of vanilla ice cream.
The ingredient of Nickis Summer Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- 2u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- u00bd cup vegetable shortening, chilled
- u00bd cup unsalted butter, chilled
- u00bc cup ice water, or as needed
- 2u2009u00bd cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2u2009u00bd cups chopped spacious rhubarb
- 1u2009u00bc cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- u00bd teaspoon orange juice
- u00bc teaspoon grated tawny zest
- u00bd teaspoon pitch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 egg white, beaten
The instruction how to make Nickis Summer Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- mix up 2 1/2 cups of flour and salt together in a large bowl. taking into consideration a pastry cutter, chop the vegetable shortening and unsalted butter into the flour until the incorporation combination resembles Gross crumbs past a few pea-sized pieces of fat; disquiet in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until the incorporation combination holds together in the same way as squeezed. Divide dough in half, and form each half into a ball; wrap the balls in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll out a dough ball something like a floured surface into an 11-inch circle; fit the crust into a 9-inch pie dish. Refrigerate while making filling.
- fusion strawberries, rhubarb, 1 1/4 cup of sugar, tapioca, 2 tablespoons of flour, vanilla extract, yellowish-brown juice, orangey zest, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pie dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of butter pieces exceeding the filling. Roll the second dough ball out into a 10-inch circle roughly speaking a floured surface, and gently place the peak crust onto the filling. Crimp the edges together with a fork to seal. Brush the pie in imitation of beaten egg white, and cut several slits into the culmination crust afterward a prickly knife..
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cover the pie edges later strips of aluminum foil if they motivate to brown too quickly. Cool completely further on serving.
Nutritions of Nickis Summer Strawberry Rhubarb Piecalories: 546.3 calories
carbohydrateContent: 70.2 g
cholesterolContent: 38.1 mg
fatContent: 27.8 g
fiberContent: 2.9 g
proteinContent: 5.6 g
saturatedFatContent: 12.4 g
sodiumContent: 322.9 mg
sugarContent: 34.4 g