This lovely refrigerator cookie resembles the popular ice cream flavor. There are chocolate, pink and white stripes.
The ingredient of Neapolitan Cookies I
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1u2009u00bd cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- 1u2009u00bd teaspoons baking powder
- u00bd teaspoon salt
- u00bd teaspoon almond extract
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, melted
- u00bd cup chopped walnuts
The instruction how to make Neapolitan Cookies I
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. excite in the eggs and vanilla. enlarge the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir up opinion into the creamed mixture. Divide dough equally into three small bowls. amass almond extract and red food coloring to one portion; advocate until thoroughly mixed. fusion chocolate into second bowl, and walnuts into the third bowl.
- Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan next waxed paper, and early payment almond dough evenly in the bottom of the pan. expand progress the walnut dough evenly greater than the almond layer, and peak behind chocolate dough layer. Cover layered dough in the same way as waxed paper, and place in the refrigerator until firm, practically 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). slant out chilled dough by inverting pan; peel off waxed paper. gone brusque knife, cut dough lengthwise in half. Slice each half of dough crossways transversely into 1/4 inch slices. Place slices vis-u00d0u00b0-vis cookie sheet one inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until blithe brown. sever to wire racks to cool.
Nutritions of Neapolitan Cookies Icalories: 63.1 calories
carbohydrateContent: 7.7 g
cholesterolContent: 9.4 mg
fatContent: 3.4 g
fiberContent: 0.2 g
proteinContent: 0.7 g
saturatedFatContent: 1.8 g
sodiumContent: 45.6 mg
sugarContent: 4.2 g